Saturday, May 06, 2006

the truth

is that us dogs don't live long enough. If we lived as long as you humans, maybe we could skip playin' and walkies some days. Maybe we could learn what a grudge is and how to hold one for a while. We could go fur days and longer than that, wifout tellin' somebody, "I love you."

Time is very short, if you only live 10 years, or fifteen. If you start feelin' old, just when you get good at run running though the grass, and just when you figure out what the world smells like.

No time to waste. Love is for today. Tomorrow, well we don't have the promise of that. That's what my first Person used to say.

My friend Missi went to da Bridge today. She was a good girl, like me. She loved and was loved, like me, every day.


She had a very wonderful mommy and daddy, furry brothers and sisters, and a real dog's life. If I couldn't have the pack I life with, I'd wish for her pack, with all my little heart.





And that's the truth.

No comments: